Reading at Pewsey
At Pewsey Primary School, we understand the importance of reading as a critical life-skill. In order to access all areas of the curriculum (and life), our children must be able to read.
The best way to ensure that our children become fluent readers is to instil a love of reading. We do this in several ways:
- Quality texts used to plan topics and themes
- Reading Challenges for all phases of the school
- A wide variety of phonically decodable books for early reading
- Reading is taught explicitly to whole classes
- Links with organisations such as 'School Readers'
- Reading to the children on a regular basis